Where Miracles Happen
- Commute 11:00-11:30
- Serve 11:30-1:30
- Drive back 1:30-2:00
This is a program over in Pittsburgh that provides care and meals for children that need it. We will be providing a mini VBS for some of those children. We’ll lead some music, play some games, do some crafts, eat some snacks and tell some bible stories!
- We need facilitators – for all the above (we’ll be repeating what we did for VBS!).
- We need people to just hang out with and enjoy the children.
- We need some folks to provide some financial support for the supplies we need.
- Food prep 11:00-12:00
- Park Time 12:00-2:00
Our school district provides hot lunches in the month of June to families that need it. We are trying to provide further support. We plan to make and share sack lunches with 15-20 families at Veteran’s Park. We will also play games with and enjoy their company.
In addition, we will be providing a grocery bag of mostly non-perishable items for a little continued support.
- We need grocery shoppers (in advance of July 7th).
- We need food prepares.
- We need people to deliver and share the meals at Veterans Park.
- We need some people to provide lawn games to play (corn hole, bocce, ladder ball).
- We would like some folks to provide financial support for the food we will share.
Look and Listen
Sometimes we just need to be challenged to look at things around us differently. This would provide some brief training from 11:30. You’ll be assigned a location to go and simply observe. Then from 12:30-1:00 you’ll report back and debrief.